Brown's Ferry Park
A 28.33 acre natural area park located on the Tualatin River at 5855 SW Nyberg Lane, Brown's Ferry Park was named after Zenas J. Brown who laid a claim to the land in 1850 through the Donation Land Act. He also started the first ferry in the Tualatin vicinity.
The park is a great place to take a quiet walk, enjoy a picnic, or view wildlife in the pond, creek, and Tualatin River. A native grass and wildflower prairie covers about a third of the park.
An extensive pathway system, picnic tables, wildlife viewing blind, river overlook platform and seasonal kayak and canoe rentals are among the facilities available at Brown's Ferry Community Park. There is even an old barn that reminds visitors of the site's former agricultural history.
A canoe ramp and dock allow access to the Tualatin River and interpretive signs in the park offer information about the cultural as well as natural history of the area.
Drama, music, nature study, and arts and crafts all take place at the Willowbrook Summer Arts Program at Brown's Ferry Park. The Willowbrook Center for the Development of Human Potential conducts the program in the Group Use Area which, along with the outdoor ampitheater can be reserved through the reservation system.
Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe Rentals at Brown's Ferry Park
Paddling the Tualatin River is a fun and exhilarating summer activity to do with your friends and family! Alder Creek Kayak and Canoe offers family-friendly, paddle away kayak and canoe rentals on the Tualatin River from their rental center in Brown’s Ferry Park. See Alder Creek web page for more information.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow