The 12th Annual West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta
Saturday, October 17, 2015 10am-4pm at the Tualatin Lake of the Commons - 8325 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin.
If you’ve never been to the West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta odds are you’ve never seen anyone sit inside a giant pumpkin let alone race one across a lake dressed as a superhero or the tooth fairy.
Over the last 11 years the award-winning West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta has become Oregon's best October event. Spectators come from not only the Pacific Northwest but also from all over the United States and Canada. The event has been featured by a wide variety of local, regional, and national media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Southwest Airlines magazine, AAA Via Magazine, CNN, the Travel Channel, Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, and Food Network Magazine.
For questions about the Pumpkin Regatta contact Heidi Marx at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.691.3076
Admission to the festival is free as are most of the activities.
Schedule of Events:
8:00am Pumpkins start to arrive for the Terminator Weigh Off
9:00am Regatta Run starts at Tualatin Community Park
10:00am Terminator Weigh Off begins
10:30am Mz Pearl's Variety Show on the main stage
11:00am Mark Benthimer Magic Show on the main stage
11:30am Village Inn Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest on the main stage (sign up at the information booth starting at 10. Space is limited)
12:00pm Smokey and Rojo the Llama Boys arrive. Look for them under the main tent
12:15pm Costume Contest starts on the main stage (sign up at the information booth starting at 10. Space is limited)
1:00pm Mz Pearl's Variety Show on the main stage
1:30pm Welcome and sponsor recognition on the main stage
1:40pm Tualatin High School Marching Band pep rally on the plaza
2:00pm Regatta races start
Free activities all day:
Pumpkin Bowling on the east side of the lake
Pumpkin Golf on the north end of the lake
Inflatable Obstacle Course at the south end of the late
We love our partners! Here are a few exciting things to look forward to at the 2015 Regatta:
Of course the Regatta wouldn't be possible without the support of the Pacific Giant Vegetable Growers! The PGVG and their members are the generous people that supply the pumpkins for the Regatta. For more information about the PGVG, growing giant vegetables, or participating in the Terminator weigh off and Regatta visit their website at http://www.pgvg.org/
Do you want to try to grow your own giant pumpkin for next year? You need the right seeds! Check out the Giants of the Garden website to get started!
- Smokey and Rojo the llama boys will be on hand again this year from noon to 2pm! We are so excited to have these beautiful animals back to wow the crowd! Fun fact: The boys travel in a mini van that is all set up for their comfort and safety!
- Drew Carney from KGW Newschannel 8 will be our emcee again this year! To see Drew's preview of last year's event check out the link below!
- Wilsonville Toyota will be on site with iHeart Radio in the Toyota Fun Zone!
- PEMCO Insurance is returning with the PEMCO Insurance photo booth!
- Heather Pearl will be back to entertain the crowd with her hilarious act.
- Willowbrook Arts Camp will be doing crafts at the North end of the plaza again.
- The Tualatin High School Marching Band will kick off the races with a pep rally on the plaza!
- Mark Benthimer will do a stage show and strolling magic.
- Cabela's will be on hand with their mobile archery range
- Sign ups for the costume contest and pie eating contest will start at 10am at the information booth. The pie eating contest is limited to 10 people per age group. The costume contest will be limited to 25 per age group so sign up early!
- Whole Foods Market will be selling delicious pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, and veggie dogs at the concessions stand.
- New Seasons Market will be on the plaza handing out some fall inspired treats.
- Village Inn Restaurant is going to be hosting the pie eating contest with their amazing pumpkin pies! Sign up at the information table starting at 10am. Limit of 10 per age group.
- Miss Hannah's Gourmet Popcorn will be selling their amazing kettle corn.
- Lee Farms and their pumpkin donuts, apple cider donuts, apple cider and caramel apples will be there!
- Starbucks will be handing out hot cocoa and coffee and selling pumpkin cookies and vanilla bean scones
- KIND Snacks will be on the plaza handing out their amazing snack bars.
Arts and Crafts
- Regatta poster artist Brenna White will be at the Regatta selling her amazing art work!
- The Tualatin Youth Advisory Council (YAC) will be hosting the pumpkin decorating and face painting station. Purchase a pumpkin for $2 to $4 to decorate while supplies last.
- Live Laugh Love Glass will be selling their beautiful glass pumpkins.
- Zach Saffron will be selling his carved pumpkins.
- Pumpkin carver Tim Pate will be carving a pumpkin on the plaza so be sure to stop by to watch.
Attached are two financial sponsorship packages. There are many types of sponsorship including financial, in-kind, or a combination of the two. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact Heidi Marx at email@example.com to discuss what works for you!
The Regatta gets many requests from community groups that would like to set up a booth at the Regatta. While we would like to accommodate all requests, space at the Commons is limited. Booth space and vending at the Regatta is limited to Premier Sponsors, merchandise that is fall or harvest themed and food that has a fall or harvest feel. Applications for the 2015 Regatta are no longer being accepted.
Congratulations to the Gaston family for finding the medallion this year!
Paddling a Pumpkin
Registration for the lottery to paddle a pumpkin is now closed. The paddlers that made it onto the list will be notified on Monday, October 5 of their place on the list.
If you are a grower, a sponsor, member of the Tualatin Police Department, member of USACE, or a special guest that has been invited to paddle a pumpkin please register through the Special Guest Paddler Registration page.
The Regatta Run, 5K Walk or Run will be held in conjunction with the 12th Annual West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta.
The race was created in honor of Corporal Matthew Lembke, who lost his life from wounds sustained on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. To celebrate Matt’s character and service, a scholarship fund has been created in his name. Each year, scholarships will be awarded to one or more Tualatin High School graduating seniors.
For information on the event and a link to register visit the Regatta Run website.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow
Map and Directions
8325 SW Nyberg Rd