Tualatin's annual ArtSplash Art Show and Sale is coming up July 18-20, 2014 at the Tualatin Commons, 8325 SW Nyberg Street. Northwest artists will be showcasing their talents in watercolor, acrylics, photography, oil, jewelry, ceramics and more.
Friday, July 18 ............... 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, July 19 ........... 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sunday, July 20 .............. 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bring the whole family out for fun activities all weekend!
Friday, July 18
Saturday, July 19
- 10:00am to 2:00pm - Portland Model Power Boat Association Club float. Bring the kids out to watch the club send their radio controlled boats onto the lake!
- 11:00am to 4:00pm - Free kids' activity area. Join teachers from Fine Arts Start to create your own masterpiece. Kids can take their artwork home with them!
- 5:00pm to 7:00pm - Concert featuring New Horizons Big Band of Tualatin. Feel free to bring a blanket or chair to sit back and relax during the concert.
- 9:00pm or Dusk - Movies on the Commons showing the movie Men in Black 3 (PG13).
Sunday, July 20
- 10:00am to 2:00pm- Express your inner artist at Chalk it Up featuring artist, Daniel Wood. Chalk It Up gives families the opportunity to show their artistic side using chalk and chalk paint. Join the Tualatin Public Library for a fun day of chalk art. All supplies are provided.
The 2014 ArtSplash juror is Janelle Baglien. As president and founder of Studio Art Direct, a Portland-based corporate art firm, Baglien consults for developers and interior designers on incorporating works of art into new and remodeled projects. She has 27 years experience as an environmental graphic designer, artist, and marketing professional with specific expertise in design and project management. See below for Ms. Baglien's complete bio.
The "Living Room" of Tualatin and the perfect setting for ArtSplash. Offices, shopping, housing, restaurants and a hotel are intermixed along a wide pedestrian promenade, which surrounds the 3-acre lake. Public plazas and a fountain add to the lively urban mix. Tiles and artist-designed drinking fountains are integrated into the plazas. Visitors can take a stroll exploring ArtWalk, dine, relax on a lakeside bench, chalk up the walkways, and imbibe in the festivities of the summer Concerts on the Commons series.
Please contact Heidi Marx at 503-691.3076 or email email@example.com.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow